Our #1 objective is to take the stress and burden of this difficult time off of your shoulders and help you recover physically, emotionally, and financially.
You Don’t Have to Go Up Against the Hospitals and the Insurance Companies Alone.
Understanding Medical Malpractice
Medical professionals, including doctors, nurses, and healthcare institutions, are expected to uphold a consistent standard of expertise, proficiency, and discernment, similar to their counterparts in the field. This standard should be maintained regardless of the patient's background, financial status, age, or any other personal factors.
Regrettably, there are instances where this expected standard is not met. Research from Johns Hopkins University reveals that medical mistakes or oversights result in harm or death to 250,000 Americans annually. This ranks it as a top reason for fatalities and injuries in the U.S. Yet, only a small fraction, about 3%, of affected individuals or their families seek compensation.
A concerning statistic shows that a mere 5% of doctors account for half of all medical malpractice complaints. Even more alarming, the most negligent 1.7% are linked to almost 28% of all medical negligence cases. Furthermore, hospitals vary in the quality of care they provide. Factors such as location, ties to academic institutions, and the caliber of staff play a significant role in these disparities.
How a Medical Malpractice Attorney Can Help
A medical malpractice attorney is a lawyer who specializes in helping people who have been injured by the negligence of a medical professional. Medical malpractice occurs when a doctor, nurse, or other healthcare provider fails to provide the standard of care that is expected of them, and that failure results in harm to the patient.
Medical malpractice attorneys typically handle cases involving:
- Wrongful death: When a patient dies as a result of medical negligence.
- Serious injury: When a patient suffers a serious injury, such as paralysis, brain damage, or amputation, as a result of medical negligence.
- Birth injuries: When a baby is born with a birth defect or other injury as a result of medical negligence during pregnancy or childbirth.
- Medical mistakes: When a doctor or nurse makes a mistake in diagnosis, treatment, or medication, and that mistake results in harm to the patient.
Medical malpractice attorneys help their clients by:
- Investigating the case: The attorney will gather evidence to determine whether there was medical malpractice, such as medical records, expert witness opinions, and witness statements.
- Negotiating a settlement: If the attorney believes that the case has merit, they will try to negotiate a settlement with the insurance company of the healthcare provider who was negligent.
- Filing a lawsuit: If a settlement cannot be reached, the attorney will file a lawsuit on behalf of the patient.
- Going to trial: If the case goes to trial, the attorney will present the evidence to a jury and argue that the healthcare provider was negligent and that the patient's injuries were caused by that negligence.
Medical malpractice cases can be complex and time-consuming, but a good medical malpractice attorney can help patients understand their options and get the compensation they deserve for their injuries.
Why Choose Monteleone Law Offices?
Our attorneys are well versed and focus in the area of medical malpractice as well as personal injury and wrongful death claims.
Our attorneys live in the Boise area where they have practiced personal injury law for the past three decades.
If we cannot recover damages for your accident injury or wrongful death claim, you pay us nothing.
When you are a client of Monteleone Law Offices you will speak to an attorney directly – not through a paralegal or secretary.
Fighting for personal injury compensation can be a complex process. When you have been injured, you need an attorney who understands your rights, the legal system, and your case inside and out.
When deciding on a personal injury lawyer, we recommend asking two questions:
- How many trials have they done?
- What were their last three results?
Our lawyers are not afraid to go to trial. And, we will not settle a case unless we believe our client is getting the most compensation possible. Our goal is to get the outcome you deserve.
Outstanding law firm that worked on my case in a well thought out and professional manner. Would recommend them to anyone to utilize!